Sunday 17 June 2012

Absence makes the heart grow fonder…?

Deadlines, tears and inner fears 
Overcoming starvation, discoveries and revelations
I’m back and well, so indulge me, or go to hell
 -JA

I’ve been busy over the last few months and my heart hasn’t been into writing a new post. Sorry to my followers, I will make a better effort from now on.

Living gluten and fructose free mostly sucks, but I’m dealing with it for now. I feel better and digestive distress is at a minimum – at long last.

Over the weekend I indulged in some homemade buckwheat pancakes. They were delicious and totally boyfriend approved – little did he know just how healthy they were…

What you’ll need…

Pancakes (GF, wheat free, soy free, no added sugar) -cook over a medium heat until all bubbles pop and edges are cooked through. Flip over and cook until golden

Mix together until smooth:
Orgran buckwheat pancake mix
3 eggs
90ml skim milk
240ml Cold water
3 tsp Sugarless artificial sweetener

Berry sauce -Cook in microwave at 50% power level for 6-8mins. Stir after 4mins and serve over pancakes whilst still hot.

1-1½ cups frozen blueberries
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp Sugarless artificial sweetener

TamarValley Greek Yoghurt (GF & Gelatin free, No added sugar)
Any flavor to serve over berry sauce
ENJOY
-JA

1 comment:

  1. No added sugar!!! You take all the fun out of pancakes (and a lot of the calories)

    Love the TamarValley yogurt!

    ReplyDelete