Tuesday 6 March 2012

Eddi

Eddi

She’s ‘one of the boys’, she’s ‘just a friend’ and she’s ‘into your boyfriend’

Her name is Eddi and she is a bitch. Eddi is younger than me, but not by more than a few years. She came to the big smoke of Melbourne from boarding school to study sports science at university.  Early on in the semester, Eddi landed her ideal job with the local Football team, to run water and assist ‘the boys’ in getting up and ready for training and game day. This is when I first met Eddi. We were introduced to each other by my boyfriend Nate. At first, I was drawn to the girl, having had a similar ascension to the city myself; I knew what it was like to be the ‘new girl’. A few girlfriends of other players weren’t so welcoming and I actually found myself sticking up for her…but that was the beginning…this is the middle, and now, I’m searching for THE END.

Not long after Eddi and I met, a group of friends, Nate, Eddi and me found ourselves hanging out together at the Goodvibes music festival. We all ended up getting along perfectly and Eddi really gelled with us. I wasn’t concerned at how easily she had assimilated herself into our group. I was happy for her. The events that unfolded over the next 12 months were truly life altering. The pain and anguish Eddi has caused my life should be a warning to others and I’m unsure if I will ever be rid of the emotional scars left inside my mind and heart.

A path of deception ends in destruction or reflection…

Eddi had no shame in bombarding Nate with facebook ‘likes’, inbox messages, late night texts, invitations to coffee, IKEA and the movies. My non-suspecting boyfriend obliged the requests; he happily sipped coffee and helped her shop at IKEA for bits and pieces for her new place…How FUN. Nate had no idea what these actions were doing to my ego and self-esteem. He didn’t understand that IKEA is a place for couples, not new friends. I tried to be the relaxed, easygoing girlfriend, but my heart knew… knows her motives.  I put my foot down about their friendship after the IKEA adventure, but that didn’t stop Nate having lunch with her on his birthday, whilst I was at work…He didn’t even tell me about it…I only found out by accident. All these things together culminated into an invite to the movies on a Friday night...wtf? Nate got stuck in her web and I was the one who suffered the most. To him they are still friends and she knows nothing of my reactions which he says have cost him a good ‘mate’ to hang with.

Eddi has caused many arguments between Nate and me and I’m writing this blog to finally get rid of her in my mind. This is a VENT and a big FUCK OFF to the Eddi’s of the world and a heads up to the boys she tries to groom…WAKE UP, Eddi is evil even if you can’t see it.

Ps Eddi, I didn’t really sell that extra Matt Corby ticket… I just HATE you that much, that I said I did.


|
 Is coffee just coffee...?


-JA

No comments:

Post a Comment